— Asser House History —
Asser House History
Our café is located in the historical Asser House. It was owned and operated as a store by one of Scone’s pioneers N.F Asser and his family from 1851 until 1964. The building was built by H. Phillips in 1847 as a store and residence.
The Street Kelly which the building was built on is named after Captain Richard Kelly (1800-1879). Kelly was offered a large farm for the loss of his 2 ships, the track that ran through the farm has now become the main street of Scone.